Shapla School Council
Every year children at Shapla elect two new School Council members to represent their class (one girl and one boy). We think this is a very important role because the School Councillors find out what all of the children think about their school and they help us to improve things. At the first meeting of the year, the new School Councillors elect a Chairperson and a Secretary to run the School Council meetings. We meet at lunchtimes.
- set up suggestion boxes in classrooms and listened to ideas
- planned Anti-Bullying Week
- designed Shapla Values certificates for whole school assemblies
- helped the school to recycle more
- thought about how we can make sure that we treat everyone equally at Shapla
We will be:
- making a Children's Equality Charter
- meeting with Governors
- visiting the Princess Diana Memorial Park in July 2017
School Councillors 2016 - 2017
We would like to thank the School Councillors for giving up their own time to help make the school a better place!