PE and Sports Premium Grant 2014 - 2015
Each year the Government allocates funding called PE and Sports Premium Grant to primary schools in England. Last year our grant was £5720.
It was spent in the following ways:
- Tower Hamlets Youth Sports Foundation - £5720
With this funding we bought into an SLA (Service Level Agreement) with the Tower Hamlets Youth Sports Foundation, who provide specialist sports coaches to work with children in Key Stage 2, teaching a variety of sports every week. They included Squash, Basketball, Rugby, Athletics, Multi-Sports, Zumba and Judo. Through this service, children were selected to represent Tower Hamlets in a variety of team and individual events.
PE and Sports Premium Grant 2015 - 2016
This year our grant is £6,021.
We will continue to work with the Tower Hamlets Youth Sports Foundation through an SLA agreement .
We strongly believe that engagement in a range of physical activitiy is essential to a child's well-being. Through our enhanced provision we aim to:
- Foster a love for and enjoyment of being active
- Increase participation in sport
- Increase levels of skill and fitness
- Identify talents and signpost to additional sports provision
- Develop self-esteem, confidence and social skills
- Give children a way of expressing themselves and an opportunity to be creative
- Develop a range of skills that can be applied in other contexts
- Give children the opportunity to try out activities that they would not otherwise access
- Develop fitness for life through promoting the health benefits of regular exercise